A good social media presence is when you have your online foot-prints everywhere. You may or may not be very active on all the social media sites, but having a presence (profile) is always suggested. Flickr is one of the oldest and popular image sharing site, and after writing my earlier article on How to drive traffic from Flickr, I bought a pro Flickr account. Recently flickr made some big changes, and removed the pro account options, and added most of pro features in free flickr account. Now, they are offering 1TB free storage. Here is what you will get with your free Flickr account:
- 1 Terabyte of photo and video storage
- Upload photos of up to 200MB per photo
- Upload 1080p HD videos of up to 1GB each
- Video playback of up to 3 minutes each
- Upload and download in full original quality
- Unlimited monthly bandwidth
This sounds fantastic for me, as it will help me to save all my digital photos on reliable Flickr server. More over, Flickr is available for all the platform, so I can access my digital photos from every-where. Apart from Flickr, I’m a huge fan of instagram, and use it to share my day-to-day images. Today, I will be sharing how you can import all your images from your Instagram account to your Flickr account. It has two benefits:
- You have an extra backup of all your Instagram images
- Your Flickr account will have personalised pictures, and your social media presence will improve.
How to Copy photos from Instagram to Flickr
Flickstagram is one free service which will let you quickly import all images from Instagram account to Flickr account. All you need to do is, give access to Instagram and Flickr, and Flickstagram will do the rest.
Here are few things that you should know about this service:
- It will import captions of images from Instagram
- Instagram hashtags will be used as Flickr tags
- All instagram comments will be imported.
- Original date will be preserved.
- If you have added a location using instagram photo-map, it will be imported too.
Depending upon number of Images in your instagram account, it may take some time to import all the images. Though, this site lacks the feature of notifying when importing is done, or showing the process of import. But, good thing is; you can see the results immediately on your Flickr account photostream. You can see my Flickr photosream here
Download Instagram photos and upload manually:
If you don’t want to upload all instagram pictures to your Flickr account, a good work-around is manually uploading the pictures. You can use instaport.me service here to download all photos from your Instagram account, and use Flickr uploader tool to manually upload all the images.
Major benefit of this method is:
- You will be uploading selected instagram images
- You will be manually adding captions and tags. Tags will help to increase the visibility of your Flickr images.
And if you have some really amazing images on your instagram account, you can use this method to pimp up all other social profiles you have. This will be helpful to get more engagement on your other social media profile.
In my case I used Flickstagram, as it’s time-saving and my social profiles are more personal than professional. Do let me know which method you are going to use to import instagram photos to flickr account? And do you share the same images on all your social media profile?
Hand picked Articles for you:
$49 worth WordPress Guide