YouTube is most popular free video hosting service, and for bloggers it’s the best way to market their videos at zero cost. Before this news, there was a major problem with multiple blog owners and that is: Creating separate Google account for every Youtube channel for their blog. This was indeed a task to login and logout between multiple Google accounts to switch the channel, and you also need to memorize multiple login details. Thanks to YouTube for coming up with great idea of multiple Youtube channels under single Gmail account, using it you can create up to 50 Youtube channels associated with one account.
In this article I will show you how you can link your existing website to Youtube channel under one account.
How to create multiple YouTube channel using single Google account:
Before I move ahead with the tutorial:
- Youtube Account : Usually your Gmail/Google login which you use to login to your Youtube channel.
- Youtube channel: Your Channel which you have created under Youtube account. Earlier you can create only one Youtube channel under one account, and now you can create/link/manage up to 50 Youtube channel using one Youtube account.
For blog owners who have not created separate account for Youtube channel yet, here is how you can get started.
- Login to Google account that you want to use for creating multiple Youtube channel. This should be your primary Youtube account that you use daily.
- If you have already created Google+ page for your blog, you can skip this step, else simply follow this guide and create a Google plus page for your other websites.
- Now go to Youtube Channel_switcher and click on Google plus page for which you want to create a new channel. You will be seeing a screen like this:
Now, you can either connect your existing Youtube channel with this Google plus page, or create a new Youtube channel. I have selected create new channel, and below screenshots will help you further:
Click on ok, and on the next page you will see a display for linking your newly created channel with Google plus page. Here are things to remember:
- Your page and channel will display the same name and photo.
- Your public YouTube videos will appear on both.
- Managers of the Google+ page will be able to manage your channel.
As soon as you click on ok, you will be switched to your newly created Youtube channel and it will be a separate channel with same name and image as your Google plus page. You can always click on the profile image on the top right to switch between different Youtube account.
How multiple users can manage single Youtube Channel?
Now, you have created 5 Youtube channels using one Google account, and now you want to have different people manage your different Youtube channels. In this case, you can take advantage of Google plus managers feature. All you need to do is, add managers to individual pages, and this will grant youtube channel access to particular user. You can follow the official guide here or official announcement here.
This deep integration of YouTube and Google plus pages will solve many major problem which we were facing:
- Single youtube account can be shared with multiple users
- With one Google login you can manage/create multiple Youtube channel (Up to 50)
Specially those video blogger, who are using Youtube as main income source, and have a team to help them with video production, this new integration and feature will help them to solve the problem of login sharing, and now things are more streamlined. This new feature will also be helpful for social media marketing companies, as with manager feature, a brand can easily give access to their Youtube channel to run a campaign. We will find out more usage of these new features, as we move ahead.
Do let me know if you find this new update useful or not? Also, feel free to subscribe to my Youtube channel @denharsh.
Subscribe on Youtube
Check your domain ranking