As a blogger and writer, I love to use tools which will help me to increase my productivity and specially when it comes to writing, I need something which is as good as MS word. I have been using a blog writing tool call Windows Live Writer which is developer from Microsoft and support most of Blogging platform. So far I have found this software to be one of the best Blogging tool for offline writing. Windows live writer works seamlessly with WordPress and you can directly publish posts from your desktop. In this post I will be talking about how you can configure Windows Live Writer with a WordPress blog. Before that I would recommend you to have a look at : Window live Writer : Bloggers tool for Blogging
Step by step Guide to Setup Windows Live writer for WordPress:
1. You need to enable XML-RPC publishing option in your wordpress blog under Writing> remote publishing. (Update: In WordPress 3.5+, XML RPC option is enabled by default).
2. Open Windows Live writer > Click on Blogs > Add blog account
3. Select Other blog service, that is the last option
4. Enter your Blog URL in the first field and enter your username and password. Do click on Remember password option, else it will prompt you for password at every stage.
5. After a while it will ask you for the option to make a temporary post to detect the blog theme. Click on yes. This way whatever formatting you will do, that will be exact the same replica of your blog theme. That post will be removed automatically after the test post.
6. Final Set up. Enter blog nick name
Now your windows live writer is setup to publish posts directly from your desktop.
Here is Window live writer video
If you like the tutorial and find it worth sharing with others. Don’t forget to tweet and give stumble love.
Do let us know if you are using Windows live writer or any other software to write blog posts?
Hand picked Articles for you:
Subscribe to Download WordPress Guide Worth $99