We have already talked about Thesis theme a lot and no wonder it’s one of the best WordPress theme at this moment. If you have missed it, you can read review of Thesis 1.7 WordPress theme. If you looking to customize your Thesis theme you should read 15 thesis theme customization tips.
In my previous post, How to show Thumbnail on Homepage in Thesis WordPress Theme, I explained about adding a thumbnail image on the homepage for increasing the CTR for your blog. In the last tutorial, we were using the custom field method, which had a bit of manual work.
It becomes very easy for bloggers to add Thumbnails on Homepage Posts automatically, in the Thesis Theme. It gets handy by using a plugin called “Thumbnails for Excerpts”. It basically fetches the very first image of the post and enables thumbnail image in teaser box for every excerpt post, without editing any post in the WordPress Dashboard.
Below is a tutorial to automatically add a thumbnail on homepage in Thesis Theme, WordPress Blog. We will be using a Plugin called Thumbnail for Excerpts, which works well with the Thesis Theme, without any conflicts.
Tutorial to add Thumbnails in Thesis Theme, WordPress goes under:
1) Install Thumbnails for Excerpt Plugin
- Login to Dashboard admin of the Blog or Website.
- On the left Navigation Pane, under Plugin click “Add New”.
- Search for the Plugin name “Thumbnail For Excerpts”, and click install to download and setup plugin on your blog.
- Now activate the installed plugin to finish Plugin Installation.
2) Configure Thumbnails for Excerpt Plugin
- Login to the Dashboard, on left Navigation Pane, select Thumbs Excerpts under Settings Menu Item.
- Configure the basic settings for the thumbnail layout like Image Width, Height, and Default Image etc…
- Hit save changes button to update the configuration for the Thumbnails.
3) Styling Teaser Thumbnail Image
- Login to Dashboard Admin, on left Navigation pane, select Custom File Editor under Thesis Menu Item.
- Add the below code snippet in custom.css file at the end.
Make sure you backup the Custom.css file using FTP before modifying it. So, that you can easily revert back, when in uncertainty happens.
Make sure you insert the code very precisely, else it may crash the layout or break down your website.
- Now save the custom.css file, and we are done with the styling of Thumbnail on the Home Page of the WordPress blog using Thesis Theme.
4) Resolve two Thumbnail Image Bug
On your homepage, if there are two thumbnails appearing, as like in this screenshot below:
Well, it states that you are using both the methods or procedure for generating the Thumbnail on Homepage. In order to resolve this issue, either disable the “Thumbnail for Excerpt” Plugin or simply delete the custom field using the post editor in the Dashboard Admin. It will remove the either of the Thumbnails.
This ends our tutorial to add Thumbnail on Homepage, automatically. For any queries or any Thesis Theme help, post comments as your feedbacks. You can also check out our Thesis Theme customization service for giving a new shape to your thesis theme.
Get Free Blogging updates in your Email