Subscription box is a widget that simply allows the readers to subscribe to your blog, either via RSS or Email and to connect with you on various other social networking sites. So, it is an essential widget/plug-in for every blog – be it blogger or WordPress. Well, talking about subscription box, I remember posting an article on Shoutmeloud which illustrates on adding an attractive subscription box with hover effect. However, I found that people preferred a style similar to Shoutmeloud – check out the screen shot below to better understand the same.
To add a subscription box similar to the one shown above, just follow the following instructions. I’ve explained this tutorial only for blogger/blogspot users. However, if WP users need the same, please let us know via comments so that, Harsh would update this article for you guys – depends on the response you give:) So, if you need one, just ask for it!
1. Replace FEEDNAME at various instances in the code with your feed name. Wondering what your feed name is, just navigate to your FeedBurner account. Look at the title of your feed. That shall be the feed name for your blog. If you don’t possess a feed on FeedBurner, then I suggest you to burn one.
Reminder: You shall encounter 5 instances in the coding wherein you need to replace FEEDNAME with your feed name.
2. Replace TWITTER-NAME at one instance in the code with your twitter user name.
3. Replace FAN-PAGE-URL at one instance in the code with the URL to your fan page.
4. Replace HOMEPAGE-URL at two instances in the code with your homepage URL.
5. Navigate to the following link – . Type in your twitter user name and copy the script generated to the right. Just, replace TWITTER-FOLLOW-BUTTON-SCRIPT in the code (on blogger) with the follow button script (the one you copied from the link addressed before).
Well, that’s it! Save your widget by hitting the “Save” button to the bottom right. I hope this tutorial was very simple to follow. If you need further assistance to get this widget working on your blog, then hit me via the comment section.
Don’t forget to share your opinions about this article via the same comment section.
Subscribe to Download WordPress Guide Worth $99