Okay, so you’ve heard the buzz about blogging for the past year now, maybe even longer. But what if you still can’t wrap your mind around the purpose of it? Blogging for business is becoming a trend and everyone is getting into blogwagon. Having a business website is not sufficient to survive in this competitive online world. There is no doubt directly or indirectly Blogging increase business sales.
Well, this is the article you’ve been waiting for. We’re going to unravel the common misconceptions about blogs and put some new ideas in your head.
Aren’t Blogs a Type of Online Diary?
One of the most common complaints I’ve heard about blogging from business owners is the fact that they seem too impersonal, too informal, and don’t really have a clear business purpose.
If you are nodding your head in agreement with that last statement, I’ve got good news…You’re just looking at blogging incorrectly.
Weblogs, as they were once called, originally were a type of online diary that gained popularity back in the 90′s. As with most things, the original blog slowly evolved as different people groups got on the blogging bandwagon.
- Journalists got a hold of blogging and suddenly opinions and passions were making waves.
- Photographers and artists began blogging as a way to build online portfolios of their work.
- Hobbyists started using blogs as a way to communicate with others who shared their interests.
So, Where Are the Benefits of Blogging for Business?
With a bit of creativity, a business blog can become a powerful tool to market and promote your business. They are simple to start, very user-friendly, and quickly indexed by search engines. Add a bit of SEO knowledge to your blogging skills and you’ve got a recipe for marketing success.
If you still are scratching your head, wondering how to use blogging for business promotion, here are a few ideas:
- Answer Your FAQs – Most business owners can easily rattle off a list of questions that they find themselves answering repeatedly. If you can think of a few, why not address them in the form of a blog post? If you leave the blog post open for comments, you may even receive additional questions that you can answer as well.
- Sales and Special Offers – If your business offers weekly specials or sales, you can provide this information on your blog. This is a great way to gain a loyal following of readers. Another bonus is the fact that people love to share deals with each other. By offering your sale information on your blog, you may be pleasantly surprised with new business as your loyal readers begin to post your deals on their Facebook pages and Tweet about them.
- Contests – Want some viral traffic to your site? Holding a contest is a great promotional tool that will bring readers to your blog and keep them coming back.
- Bragging Rights – It’s your business blog and there is absolutely nothing wrong with bragging about your latest achievements. Let’s say you are a flooring company and you just restored the hardwood floors in one of the historical buildings in your area. Blog about it! Get some photos of your work into the post as well. When potential clients read about the work you’ve done, they’ll automatically have a level of trust for your work, and when they are ready to have their own flooring done, they will automatically remember you.
- Photos - Rather than writing a new post every day, why not use your blog as an online portfolio to showcase your work? This may not be appropriate for every type of business, but with a little creative thinking, photos can play a big part in promotion and marketing.
- Inside the Trade – Whether you are an attorney or a webmaster, everyone is always interested in the inside scoop. Use buzzworthy topics to draw in your readers and give them some valuable knowledge from an “experts” point of view…That’s what I’m doing in this post, by the way.
These are just a few ideas to get you going. There is no doubt about the fact Blogging increase business and if you have a business website and missing out benefit of Blogging, it’s time to look into the right direction for your business growth. Hopefully, you are now looking at blogging from a whole new standpoint and can see the true value a business blog can bring to the table.
Get Free Blogging updates in your Email