Here we are again … the age old debate about the future of SEO that fascinates many newcomers and greenhorns in the field of Search Engine Optimization or Internet Marketing. It’s been half a decade, when I got in this profession, and I remember reading some “SEO is dead” articles and questioning my decision of opting it as a career. It took me quite some time to realize that these “SEO is doomed” type of articles were either an attempt at trolling the SEO professionals or a rant coming from a dejected webmaster whose website was hit by a Google penalty.
After spending some years in the field and getting familiar with the nitty-gritty of this profession, I know that SEO is here to stay. It is a tough organism that survives no matter what changes are taking place in the World of search, except that after a couple of years it takes a totally new shape.
Here’s why I think that the highly dynamic profession of Search Engine Optimization will be alive and kicking, even after a hundred tweaks and updates made by search engines.
Why Future of SEO is more booming:
- Search Engine Optimization is becoming more and more complicated with each passing day. There used to be just one or two ranking factors (having back links in bulk with the right anchor text was enough to get you on top in most cases), but now there are hundreds of ranking factors. And you need dedicated experts and professionals to look after your website, from both on-site and off-site perspectives, which mean that the companies will have to train or take experienced SEO professionals on board.
- Internet has only recently started to get the attention of real world businesses. There are hundreds and thousands of businesses that will be looking to jump the bandwagon by launching a website in the coming days. It will result in more competition, and eventually, in more demand for SEO or Internet Marketing professionals.
- Every day, hundreds and thousands of new websites are being launched. True that anybody can learn the basics of Search Engine Optimization, but most of these websites or business owners have other things to deal with, and they need someone to look after the SEO side, which is an integral part for the success of any online business.
- To survive in the intense competition, businesses will have to invest more on online advertising, and they’d like to have some thorough professionals in charge of their hard-earned money instead of letting some amateur squander their money left, right, and center.
- Big brands and organizations are also starting to take interest in Internet and Social Media. They know the benefits of having a skilled professional over a part-timer, which means they will be ready to invest on hiring SEO guys who are on top of their game.
- SEO community is getting stronger and stronger with each passing day, and it is just starting to get the hang of things. Earlier, SEO was more about “trial and error approach” or following others’ footsteps, mainly because at that time we have webmasters or computer graduates working part time as SEO professionals. But with the passage of time, it is getting more and more scientific, and we are having more dedicated and specialized professionals.
Subscribe to Download WordPress Guide Worth $99