Blogger is one free platform which everyone one of us love. By default, your blog will not be Search Engine friendly. This post will provide you some information on search engine optimize of your Blogger blog using Google Webmasters Tool.
- Go to Google Webmasters Tool
- Click on Add a site and enter your URL
- Get your Verification Meta tag. Copy it.
4) Go to your Blogger Dashboard –> Layout –> Edit HTML. Add your meta tag after <head>. If you get some errors add </meta> after this tag.
5) Go to Site Configurations –> Sitemaps
If this doesn’t work, try “feeds/posts/default?redirect=false”
6) Now back to Google webmasters tool. Click on Site Configuration –> Crawler Access –> Remove URL tab.
You have remove all your archive pages to avoid duplicate content.
Click on “New removal Request” and then on “Individual URLs: web pages, images, or other files”
Your archive pages will be like these.
For example: June 2009 – http://www.suhastech.co.cc/2009_06_01_archive.html
Add archive pages from all your blogging months.
7) Now, Goto Site Configuration –> Settings
Add “showComment” in the Parameter Box and select “Ignore”
This is remove Comment pages which avoid Duplicate pages.
If you have some more to add, please feel free to add in your comment.