Professional Blogging Resources
When we start blogging and plan to take it to next level, first of all we look out for best set of tools and software’s to make our work easier. The problem is there are so many options for everything and it’s hard to decide which one to select. All tools are good in a way or other, and most of them have different features. When I pick any professional blogging tool, I make sure that it’s full of features and is value for money. In last 5 years I have tried various blogging tools, for example I started with Windows live writer as my first editor, and now I use WordPress default dashboard for writing because it’s evolved so much. I started with All in one SEO plugin for SEO optimisation, but now I use Thesis theme + Easy WP SEO combination to make my blog rank higher.
The point is picking that right set of tool, and this is why I maintain this page. This page consists of those blogging tools which I personally use and recommend. Some of the tools that I have tried and works great, they are also part of it. I keep updating this page when ever I find something brilliant and remarkable. So if you are a regular visitor of ShoutMeLoud, I suggest you to keep checking this page every month to discover new tools.
If you have questions for any specific tool which is not listed here, feel free to drop me an email at [email protected] or tweet me at @denharsh and ask about it. So, lets get started with recommended blogging toolset:
- Self hosted WordPress Platform (WordPress.org)
Blogging furniture or physical tools:
- Herman Miller chair for pro-bloggers. Read the benefits here.
- Yeti blue mic for voice recording and podcasting.
- Macbook Air laptop for great performance and mobility.
- Bluehost (Shared hosting great for new WordPress blog) (Discount coupon added into link)
- WPEngine (Managed WordPress hosting) It’s costly and here you can find who should use WPEngine.
- Knownhost (managed VPS)
- Linode (Unmanaged VPS)
- Thesis Theme (This is the framework I use at ShoutMeLoud)
- Genesis Theme ( Best alternative to thesis theme. Grab the pro-package which give access to all the current and future skins)
- Codelight : Beautiful modern theme for tech-blogs.
Social Media Management Tool:
- Hootsuite (Supports Google plus too) : Perfect for managing all social profile from one place.
- Bufferapp : Perfect for keeping your social-media profile updated.
- PostPlanner : Best Facebook tool to manage your pages.
Image Capturing tool:
- SnagIt! : Best tool for screen-capture and image editing.
- Image Optim : For Image compression on Mac.
- Camtasia (This is the video recording tool I use for creating videos for my Youtube channel. You can check my video blog here)
- SEMRUSH (This is the only tool I use for Keyword research and discovery. You can check out tutorial here and here).
- Ahrefs for Backlink
- Google AdSense : Best contextual ad network.
- Viglink : Best way to monetize your outbound links.
- BuySellAds : For quality direct advertisement.
- Infolinks : For in-text ads. Good for tech niche.
- MAXCDN : Very cheap and easy to configure with WordPress.
WordPress Pro plugins:
- EasyWPSEO: Best plugin for Keyword optimization and works perfectly with WordPress SEO by Yoast.
- Curationtools for Curation WordPress theme and plugin to quickly curate content. Check out the money making guide here.
- Buyproxies for your desktop Keyword research or other SEO tools.
- 48 Hours logo for logo designing.
I’m in the process of building this blogger resource page, and meanwhile if you need recommendation for any particular category, you can drop me an Email at admin[at]shoutmeloud.com