This is another round of question answers, and here I will be answering some of the questions related to Blogging, asked by ShoutMeLoud readers. Usually, when a reader Email me, I try to answer them directly via Email but at the same time it depends upon how much time I can put into answering individual question.
Writing an article related to that questions will help more people, as I’m sure many other user will have similar Blogging questions and doubts for their own Blog. Here are some of the questions I answered the past:
- How to become a Professional Blogger
- My Comments getting into spam folder
- How to remove HTML tag from Thesis comment form
Today’s Blogging questions:
Today’s questions came from Vandhana of IntradayprofitTips.com, and here are question in the order:
Q1.What are the best WP plugins which uses for SEO purpose? Does installing many plugins in WP will affects the loading time of website?
There are many plugins which directly or indirectly help in SEO optimization of your blog. For example, WordPress cache plugin helps in faster loading of your site and site speed is one of ranking signal. I have already shared a list of Best SEO WordPress plugin and at the time of writing, I’m using following plugins for SEO optimization of my blog:
- Thesis theme inbuilt feature to control On page SEO meta values. If you are not using Thesis, you can use WordPress SEO by yoast.
- SEOPressor for Keyword optimization, density checker, LSI and to check readability score.
- Author Hreview to add Rich data snippet in search for review posts. It helps in improving the CTR.
- I use Broken link checker once in a month to check broken links on site. Dead links are bad for SEO.
- Google XML Sitemaps to create sitemap. Google image and video sitemap plugin too.
- Thesis inbuilt option to control the overall site indexing. If you are not using Thesis, you can use Robots meta plugin or you can use indexation feature of WordPress SEO by yoast.
- SEO friendly images to optimize images for SEO. It uses the name of image as Alt tag and search engine uses alt tags to identify images.
- W3 total cache To speed to site.
- Wp smush.it to optimize images which also helps in faster loading of the site.
So these are the plugins which I use. Yes, installing many plugins will affect your site load time and you can use P3 Profiler plugin to find WordPress plugins, which increasing the load time of your site. Where ever possible, try to use manual code. For example, instead of using plugins to add Social bookmarking icons, you can use custom codes.
Q2.Does blog commenting is good(or)bad for an website (or) it should be medium according to current google algo? How does it affects the SEO part?
Blog commenting is always good but again, it’s good to comment on relevant blogs. Comment not only will help you to fetch backlinks, but meaningful blog comments will help in building connection and branding of your profile. Make sure to sign up at Gravatar.com and give your comment an image. You should read this guide on blog commenting, which will give you exact details and input for commenting.
Q3.Whats the healthiest creation of backlink according to currents google algo?
Natural links are the best, which comes when you are creating original and unique content. Specially listified, well researched, controversial posts, are the best to get natural links. Apart from articles, take advantage of Guest posting, Blog commenting, Article directory submission but only on high quality sites.
Q4.Is there any free software (or) website to analyze keyword, keyword phrase finder and etc?
I use a combination of SEO tools, and here are my list:
- Free Google Keyword monitor to track Keyword status
- Traffic travis to get more SEO details right from desktop.
- SEMRUSH to analyze and find new Keywords. You can take help of SEMRUSH coupon and get a complete pro account for 15 days.
- Google Keyword tool to analyze Keyword and traffic Travis to check Keyword competition.
Q5.And how to get free visitors to website by white hat and comment my webiste?
There are many ways by which you can drive traffic and here I will outline few of them:
SEO will help to get your site more visible in Search engine. If you are not a SEO fanatic and find it like an alien word, you just need to take care of few things. Your Onsite SEO, On page SEO and Offsite SEO. On OnSite SEO, take care of WordPress duplucation and indexation issue. Submit sitemap to major search engine. Give a unique meta title and description to your site homepage with target Keyword. Also take care of site speed and don’t over do your site with ads.
In Onpage SEO takes care of Keyword research, Keyword placement, Keyword density, readability, Outbound link SEO and none the less, write high quality content. Also add social bookmarking icons to increase social signals to your site. In off site SEO take care of backlink building, social signals and rest you can use various stuff to promote your blog.
This is my favorite and highly recommended method. You can read my complete guest posting campaign guide for traffic to get a complete detail about it.
Another easy and best method. By adding meaningful comments regularly on some of the blogs you read will not only help in building connection, branding but it will also fetch you drive traffic through out. You should read our earlier guide on How to be the first one to comment on a blog post, to make most out of it.
There are endless ways like Social bookmarking,video blogging, Email marketing, Social media and many more. Here are some of the hand-picked article which will help you to learn more on driving traffic:
- How to get free traffic to your blog
- How to drive huge traffic to your blog
- 10 Ways to drive traffic from forum to your blog
- 16 useful resources to drive traffic to your blog
6.How to contact you other than this? I am very impressed by seeing your blogging skills.
I try to answer a question when ever it’s possible, but due to high volume of Email, I miss to reply many emails. But feel free to send your doubts via contact form and I will reply as soon as I possible for me. Alternatively, if your queries are urgent you can take advantage of my personal blog coaching (Shameless promotion).
Q7.What are the free way to generate income through online?
Ahh.. this is tough one because I believe in money makes money. But, yes there are many ways which work and many of them don’t work. You can get yourself a free blog on BlogSpot.com and monetize it with Adsense or other altrernatives.
If you have some unique skills, then you can sell or make stuff on Fiverr or check out other freelancing sites, and see if your skill set matches for any job. If you are exception writer, you can easily apply for any Blogging jobs or content writing jobs.
Here we have discussed some of the easy ways to earn money online by sitting at home. If you can make videos, you can easily earn via Youtube adsense partnership which is another free way to earn by creating videos. You can use your creativity to create viral videos and earn huge. You can earn money for free via affiliate marketing like Dreamhost affiliate program, Thesis affiliate program but again, blogging is the best way to promote your affiliate program. You should also read: 5 ways of making money online.
Well, these are some of the questions of this week and next week, I will again take another set of questions which I will receive. Though, before you send me any blogging questions, make sure you do a search on Google and if you can’t find anything concrete, you can always drop me your questions via contact form.
Most of these answers are from my experience and things which I use, but if you use something else and would like to answer questions your way, feel free to drop it via comment.