The latest to join the queue of the cool tablets flying on the market shelves is the new iPad that Apple rolled out a few months back. The new iPad, iPad3 or third generation iPad…call it by whichever name you wish to, it is undoubtedly one of the coolest gadgets that has become the choice of millions. This new tablet is an amazing and useful gadget for bloggers & we have already covered some of the best Blogging apps for iPad. Now, here is my hands on review of the New iPad after using it for months. I’m sure it will help you to make a decision on to buy it or not to buy.
Frankly, I love the latest gadgets and when it is from Apple, I just can’t resist and finally end up buying one. The latest entry in my gadget world is the new iPad. Ask me to describe this new gadget in one word and I would say, ‘fabulous‘. I might sound crazy but frankly most share of my hard-earned money goes in buying the gadgets. Before buying the third generation iPad, I was using iPad2 from last 8 or 9 months. After using both the tablets I actually can easily distinguish between the two and share my viewpoint . Though, the new iPad is almost similar to iPad2 lookwise but it comes fully loaded with new features that make it one of the stylishly desirable tablets.
Here I am sharing the positive and negative aspects which I have figured out while using the new iPad that will surely help you to take a decision if you are planning to buy one.
Key features of the New iPad
- Apple A5X (dual-core with quad-core graphics) processor that make it faster than iPad2 that has A5 processor.
- One of the groundbreaking features of the new iPad is Retina Display with 2048 x 1536 pixels.
- It has 4G LTE cellular technology that will allow you to browse internet and download files at superfast speed.
- Mobile users will be excited to see the inclusion of 4G LTE cellular technology, which offers faster mobile downloads.
- Another exciting feature that I like in new iPad is its 5 mega pixels/1080p rear camera which is a huge improvement over the iPad2 camera.
- It is available with 16GB, 32GB, 64 storage capacity unlike iPad which is now only available in 16GB.
- It is first tablet with Bluetooth 4.0 also known as Bluetooth Smart Ready which will help you in faster data transfer between devices.
- 10-hour battery life, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n connectivity, 1GB RAM, 1080p video recording at 30fps, , four and five-finger swipe gestures are the other notable features that enhance the overall user experience.
Adding feather to the cap Apple has announced the upgraded operating system – iOS6 that will bring cool features like Siri : Apple’s voice-activated personal assistant, FaceTime over cellular networks to the new iPad.
The new iPad Vs iPad 2 ?
How is the new iPad different from iPad2 is one question that you all might be curious about. Frankly, I was keenly interested in knowing how it is different from iPad2 when its design is almost similar. No doubt, the new iPad is thicker and heavier than iPad2 but its features like amazing features make it stand apart from iPad2.
I was quite amazed when I started using new iPad for the first time because the text was razor sharp, colors were quite rich and everything was perfectly detailed because of retina display. Second thing that really blowed me away was its blazing speed while playing games and doing multitasking ; thanks to A5X chip with quad-core processor.
In addition, iOS6 update which is coming this fall will bring features like Siri and Facetime calling over cellular network promising to enhance the overall experience. These two upcoming features will only be available for the new iPad and iPhone 4S users.
Another feature that you might not be aware of is the amazing dictation feature which helps you to convert your words into text. Simply, tap the microphone icon on the keyboard, say what you want to type and it does the typing for you. It was exciting to learn about this cool feature and it was a fun moment to see my new iPad converting my words into text. Though, if you are an existing iPad2 user and looking to sell it to upgrade your tab to iPad3, I suggest you to wait and stick to iPad2, unless you are complete gadget freak.
Cons of New iPad
- It is slightly heavier and thicker than iPad2.
- Its reflective screen doesn’t work well in outdoors.
- There is no Flash support in the web browser.
- The iPad misses out the standard USB port like its predecessors. Same goes for its non replaceable battery and memory card slot.
- There is no GPS receiver in the Wi-Fi version
- Personally, one thing that bothered me much is that the ‘oh so cool’ tablet becomes uncomfortably hot at times.
- If you are interested in basic iOS apps like weather, stocks, clock, calculator, voice memos then you might get bugged up not finding them on your new iPad.
Is it worth buying third generation iPad?
I won’t deny that the new iPad became irresistible to me because I was overtaken by the hype and after using it for sometime I have concluded that it definitely has met my expectations. No matter how strongly we talk about bad side of the coin, fact remains that it is loaded with impressive features. As of now, the biggest USP of the new iPad is its magnificent Retina display but the promising features like Siri and Facetime over cellular networks are sure to make you love the new iPad.
Why should you buy the new iPad?
From my personal experience I am writing down the reason why you should buy it or who should buy it.
- If you are the one who is more cautious about image quality between standard-definition and high-definition images then you should go for the new iPad. This is one reason I bought this cool gadget.
- It has one of the fast processor with quad-core graphics that will let you enjoy the thrill and excitement of different games.
- If speed matters to you a lot then this new tablet from Apple is an ideal choice. The new iPad is 4G enabled device that will offer browsing at amazing speed. Go for the one which works on either AT&T’s 4G network or Verizon’s 4G network for fast connection anywhere.
- It is good for those who love to keep their music and video data stored. Unlike iPad2 that has 16GB storage capacity, the new Apple iPad is available in 16GB, 32GB or 64GB capacity. However, I preferred 16GB for the reason that I don’t have too much of music and video data.
New iPad Price in India
The new Apple iPad was made available in India in the month of April. The pricing of different models in India are listed below.
Wi-Fi model Prices in India
- 16GB Wi-Fi model : Rs 30,500
- 32GB Wi-Fi model : Rs 36,500
- 64GB Wi-Fi model : Rs 42,500
Wi-Fi + 4G model Prices in India
- 16GB Wi-Fi + 4G model : Rs 38,900
- 32GB Wi-Fi + 4G model : Rs 44,900
- 64GB Wi-Fi + 4G model : Rs 50,900
To sum up, I being a gadget freak would any day suggest you to go for iPad 3 if you are planning to buy one. High-resolution Retina display, faster processor, significant visual improvement over iPad 2 were the compelling features that persuaded me to buy the new iPad.
Won’t say that its good in all perspective as some of you might find it expensive in comparison to iPad2 which is a strong low-cost choice. But trust me the money you spend on buying this new Apple tablet is genuinely worth it!
- 50,900 INR
Subscribe to Download WordPress Guide Worth $99