One of the must have tip for any blogger would be add social media buttons around your blog post. This is very helpful for readers to share and bookmark your post. There are many social bookmarking WordPress plugins which can do it for you, but the best way to do it by adding manual code. As it is, I hate plugins specially when things can be done by manual code.
So here I’m going to share tutorial for those who are looking forward to add social media buttons and social bookmarking buttons in WordPress. If you get good amount of social media share, I would suggest rather use Social media buttons with share count. As Share count will work as an ego boost and also your reader will look at your Website as a credible Website.
How to add Social media Buttons into WordPress blog manually?
Social Networking can generate a lot of traffic if used correctly. Many people share things on Facebook, twitter etc which they like. So if someone like something on your blog, they should have an option of sharing it. In this post I am will cover how to add stylish sharing buttons below the post in WordPress which includes Facebook like, Topsy (Twitter), Digg, Google Plus, StumbleUpon and LinkedIn.
There are plugins which can do this job for you but they slow down you site’s performance that’s why I am using the custom code to add social media buttons.
Well, you will have to still install a plugin according to this tutorial which will automatically add the code below the post so you don’t have to edit any file. This lightweight plugin won’t slow down your blog.
1) Download the following plugin, install and activate it. <Link>
2) [Optional but Recommended] Download this CSS file and upload it to your web-server. <Link>
3) Open Post Layout’s setting page and add the following code in After the content field under Single Post.
4) [If Step 2 Done] If you skipped step 2 then you don’t have to edit the code but if you did, replace http://havefunforever.com/wp-content/custom/sharebts.css with your CSS file’s link.
5) Replace twitter-username with your twitter username.I hope this tutorial will help you to add a stylish and sexy social bookmarking buttons with share count on your Blog. Do let us know if you are stuck anywhere or have any questions.
Subscribe to Download WordPress Guide Worth $99