Blogging is like technology, there is something new to learn and experiment everyday. Reading other blogs and bloggers’ experience will be helpful to understand the basics, but experiencing and learning the real lessons will give the clear picture of blogging.
I registered my first domain back in 2007 when I was not aware anything about blogs. 2010 was excellent year for me in terms of earnings and traffic. I started concentrating seriously on blogging last year, which gave me nice lessons.Blogging Lessons
The below 33 blogging lessons I learned in 2010 will be real practical example for some of you.
33 Blogging Lessons I learned in 2010
1) Blogging and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) are not rocket science. SEO is important part of every Blogger journey and something we should spend time learning it.
2) Select your domain name properly with long term plan; you can’t change it later whenever you want.
3) Hosting plan and hosting company are very important like finding a location for a physical business. Avoid free hosting and grab any Premium hosting for your new Blog.
4) Write posts to solve readers problem.
5) Do not write posts for search engines only, but do not neglect them. Learn how to write for readers and search engine @same time.
6) WordPress is the best blogging platform.
8.) Making money from Adsense is still much possible.
9) Do not stick with your niche all the time; change it according to readers’ demand.
10) Checking your earnings stats very frequently is not going to help you at all.
11) Do not change your domain name after you established well with Google PR and back links.
12) Google PR and Alexa Rank are only for advertisers and other bloggers, not to your readers. They do not know what these all are.
13) I could have gained more readers if I didin 2010.
15) Do not start the second blog if you are still busy with your first blog.
16) Changing the blog’s theme frequently is not a professional blogging habit.
17) Checking your traffic stats daily is a real time waste.
18) Missing ‘About me/us’ and ‘Contact’ pages in a blog is like a person without head and legs.
19) Don not depend only on Adsense as an income source.
20) If you are using Paypal, don’t play with them, they will catch you.
21) You regular readers do not click PPC (Pay Per Click) ads.
21) May be you are not interested to capture RSS Feed readers, but your visitors like RSS reader facility.
22) Too many ads will not bring too much money.
23) Do not expect great support and appreciation from your family, friends and colleagues for your blogging. Because they can’t understand what a great job you are doing, only other bloggers and readers know the value.
24) Do not waste your whole time on reading other blogs, instead, you could write a useful post in your blog.
25) Running more than one blog as a part time blogger is a difficult job, except you have guest bloggers.
26) Making an email list is not only to make money, but also to keep a good relationship with your readers.
27) Affiliate marketing and selling products online are not for beginners.
28) Keep your blog’s backup all the time including files and database and learn to restore it.
29) You do not need to publish posts daily if you don’t have anything valid and unique.
30) Do not promise anything to your readers if you can’t keep it.
31) Whatever changes you do in blog, give some time. It takes time (10 to 14 days) to get the real effect. Do not decide anything quickly in overnight.
32) Money is an excellent factor to motivate blogging, but do not blog only for money.
33) If you failed in blogging, it doesn’t mean you can’t succeed anytime
I don’t call myself as a pro blogger, but these learning s made me to understand the blogging and to make some extra money online. I would like to ask your good or bad lesson you learned from your Blogging experience?
Do share atleast one blogging lesson which you have learned in your past.
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!